I’ve spent a lot of time this week between visiting a farm, working my part-time job and a trip to London (I really do fill my days!) looking at new craft trends and getting some inspiration for new workshops now we have quietened down a bit before Christmas. I have rounded up my top 5 trends and they all have DIY tutorials so you can have a go yourselves, I will be.
- 1. Succulent Trend- they’re small and cute and they are a gorgeous shade of greeny grey, if you don’t already have a succulent in your home, where have you been? This trend looks at way of incorporating these gorgeous plants into a DIY and if you click the adorable pot there is a tutorial for how to make one. When we were in Amsterdam recently, we visited a botanical gardens and they were actually running a ‘make your own terrarium’ workshop, I was so jealous!
- 2. Rock Art Trend- such a good use for pebbles you might have lying around to brighten up your home and we like how we could also use our succulent pot DIY for the cactus one too!
- 3. Animal Pom Pom Trend- This one looks a bit trickier than our pom pom cushion decorating workshop but so so cute and the panda one even has a tutorial so you can give it a go yourself.
- 4. Clay Trend- this trend utilises a material we haven’t seen for a while and has so much creative potential. We love these clay dishes you can buy from Anthropologie and check out this monogram clay keyring DIY, great for (dare I mention it yet!) Christmas presents.
- 5. Wood Slice Trend – we mentioned this one on Monday and it just so happens that I bought a ton of them from Hobbycraft over the weekend for my Son’s 1st Birthday party in a few weeks (look out for a post about it!). I thought pyrography designs were amazing enough to use them for but turns out you can transfer images onto them too.
Which one’s do you think you’ll be trying your hand at this weekend? I might try and tackle the panda pom pom as it’s so adorable.
Happy Friday everyone!